Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Poem: Celtic Reconstruction

Since I saw your eyes again I've been living in the woods Even at the edge of the ocean I've been staring at the river in melancholy serenity with the sun on my shoulders and Sandy Denny songs in my head An Arthurian tragedy you and me and she on that rock by the quarry with music and sunlight with the strangers crying for song Since I saw your little girl and she held your hand and she reached for mine and we were three again--linked through time charmed by wild innocence I offered her my wings of glitter and chicken wire but she said no and floated away with my soul under her delicate feet And I am still floating 500 miles and nigh one whole moon away from that moment when I saw your eyes again when my heart cracked open when the world was not the same Sitting by a river at my lunch break with reflections of factories in the lazy green water in the blast zone between past and future Writing you something I cannot call a love letter Still there is passion in my pen Still you have made me a poet again Called me from exile in my crystal caves Set fire under the cauldron of soul stirred it to roil and roll with vision And I hear your music in the wind whipping the flags to frenzy And I am swallowed by a wave without sense or momentum And once these elements fueled a great industry rivers powered mills and love milled poetry from incandescent longing And I wait for the day when I will see you again sit at your table share bread and brew and salt with your wife and daughter Remember our innocence its shimmer of sunlight and pain on rocks and water my throat swelling open with the words to a forgotten song

No comments:

Post a Comment